Monday, September 17, 2012

The Witch Mummy

Saw this great old Mummy mask on the Monster Masks blog and it made me smile. This was the same mask my brother and I used on an old Flying Witch prop (previously blogged about here).



Click below to watch the video of our pulley-system Witch.
The good old days, originally filmed with a super 8mm camera.


The witch would be pulled all the way up to the top window. At night, it would be a dark shape against the bricks. Then, as people walked by below, my brother would release her and she'd glide down towards the sidewalk.


5 comments:

Goneferalinidaho said...

That put a smile on my face.

NoahFentz said...

No freakin way....that was AWESOME!!

Rot said...

We were weird little kids.

K.O. said...

That 8mm clip is so incredibly awesome...
Man, I would have *loved* walking by your house and being spooked by that witch as a kid!!!

Rot said...

Thanks.
My brother was such the pro at operating that witch...it would just slide down so quietly and quickly. I can still remember the screams and people running for their lives.